projectSURGE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Explanation

+4
AndyMees
SLtempe
Geesushi
chonosis
8 posters

Go down

Explanation  Empty Explanation

Post  chonosis Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:35 pm

As some have noticed, pS is now closed. There were multiple reasons for this, and I will list them here:

1. Although there were multiple judges, I was the only one who ran pS. The other judges helped score. So, no, I could not pass something as huge and complicated onto someone else. It would have taken me ages to explain how it was run.
2. Working with close to 500 participants is not easy. Many do not follow directions, send multiple messages and are all-together ignorant. I know I am being harsh, but it really is true. And don't take me wrong: lots of participants were patient and followed pS well. And I thank them for that. Unfortunately, the bad-participants outweighed the good.
3. I have little time now. I originally started projectSURGE when I was in college studying video game design. Since then, I have gone through two major changes and am now in a major that does not permit free time. On top of that I work.
4. Stress. Working alone on this project was way too much for one person to handle. I would wake up some mornings and have over 200 messages. I know I could have asked a judge to help, but like stated earlier, pS was run in a very technical fashion. Teaching the ways would have been more work than working alone.

I'm sorry it had to come to this. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please ask away.
*And no, I would not be happy if someone decided to use projectSURGE's name to open another contest. Although I do not own "rights" to a contest I made on YouTube, it would be completely disrespectful if someone used its name.
chonosis
chonosis
Lead Judge

https://www.youtube.com/lileyith

Back to top Go down

Explanation  Empty Re: Explanation

Post  Geesushi Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:35 am

Pff.. and if you think about all these people that joined this contest hoping to have fun, to see what they can do, that worked with all theirs passion... I'm sorry for them, but I understand your situation. Good luck with your real life then. =D
Geesushi
Geesushi
Weak

Back to top Go down

Post  SLtempe Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:31 pm

Well, that sucks. I do understand why though.
SLtempe
SLtempe
Weak

https://www.youtube.com/user/SLtempeAMV?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyMees Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:41 pm

I don't mind that you are stopping it.

However I do mind how you let us wait so long with no explenation. If you can't handle the work, no problem...we are all human. But atleast tell us when you know, some people (including me) were really excited about this.

I wish you luck to wathever your doing atm though. Hope it all works out Smile

Andy

AndyMees
Weak

Back to top Go down

Post  AnimedRevenge Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:58 pm

Wow, that sucks, I was really excited for this Tournament. Crying or Very sad
But hey! were all human!
I respect your decision since it was the best in your case.
I think ill understand what your going through next year since im heading to college too.
Good luck with your studies and life overall! Very Happy I hope if you have time in the future you hos another tournament Smile
Later and again, Good Luck!
AnimedRevenge
AnimedRevenge
Weak

https://www.youtube.com/user/AnimedRevenge

Back to top Go down

Post  LivingEndx Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:04 am

This is hard, but you have your reasons for closing pS and I think most People here understand you.
So yeah...
Anyways, Good Luck with your Studying! (?)
LivingEndx
LivingEndx
Weak

Back to top Go down

Post  Stellunafi Thu May 24, 2012 1:49 pm

Geez, I was so excited for this :'(
I do understand why you did it, but it really, really sucks!!
I never tried anything like this before so of course this had to happen T.T
Ah well, good luck with school and everything!! :]

Stellunafi
Building Stamina

https://www.youtube.com/user/Stellunafi

Back to top Go down

Post  TheSecretLight Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:26 am

lileyith wrote:As some have noticed, pS is now closed. There were multiple reasons for this, and I will list them here:

1. Although there were multiple judges, I was the only one who ran pS. The other judges helped score. So, no, I could not pass something as huge and complicated onto someone else. It would have taken me ages to explain how it was run.
2. Working with close to 500 participants is not easy. Many do not follow directions, send multiple messages and are all-together ignorant. I know I am being harsh, but it really is true. And don't take me wrong: lots of participants were patient and followed pS well. And I thank them for that. Unfortunately, the bad-participants outweighed the good.
3. I have little time now. I originally started projectSURGE when I was in college studying video game design. Since then, I have gone through two major changes and am now in a major that does not permit free time. On top of that I work.
4. Stress. Working alone on this project was way too much for one person to handle. I would wake up some mornings and have over 200 messages. I know I could have asked a judge to help, but like stated earlier, pS was run in a very technical fashion. Teaching the ways would have been more work than working alone.

I'm sorry it had to come to this. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please ask away.
*And no, I would not be happy if someone decided to use projectSURGE's name to open another contest. Although I do not own "rights" to a contest I made on YouTube, it would be completely disrespectful if someone used its name.

I understand you're feelings toward the contest on so many levels. I ran a very small contest just once and there was two or three participants that were very argumentive and did not understand directions well. Nothing I said to them satisfied them. One of them was just a troll who was instantly kicked out of the contest. The other two were either too young or really just that stupid. That contest alone made my blood pressure go through the roof. I can't imagine running 500 participants. And as a working student I understand the stress of that alone without running a huge contest as such. I think you left for good reasons. School is number one as it should be. While I was a bit upset that it was closed I do not hold it against you at all. I wish you luck in school and I hope you make good grades and don't get too stressed out. Smile
TheSecretLight
TheSecretLight
Weak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum